Monday, June 16, 2008

"My Son Will Show You The Way"



This piece was painted for a large group show at the San Jose Museum of Art entitled "We Are Family". http://www.sjmusart.org/content/exhibitions/past/exhibition_info.phtml?itemID=308

The inspiration for the piece came from a horror flick entitled "The Hills Have Eyes" that I accidentally watched one night. It contained a rather bizarre desert mutant rape scene in a mobile home. Romantic, I know.

It is acrylic on a 22"x28" stretched canvas. It was originally custom framed by my good buddy Nathan Segovia, a bay area creative type who was kind enough to put some energy into the project.

1 comment:

Ally said...

this is really good for you. finally you got your own blog. glad to watch this. through this paint, could feel something relate each ohter. for me the hand direction made me feel like that.
good job.